Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Office



The renovated office

This was huge for me. An actual home office from which to consult. My former home office in our former home was a mini-bar turned cubicle. It was a good reno, but the space was about 4x6 feet square smack in the middle of the house. Not exactly quiet or spacious. Now I can stetch out my arms when I sit at the desk. Small pleasures are often the most meaningful.

Another shot of the bookcase. A work in progress that allows me to continue to collect favorite books and meaningful objects and surround myself with images of the Circle of Trust.

Book titles give quiet clues about the inhabitant.
Detail of a watercolor my Dear Sweet Husband bought me on a perfect spring day at the Met.


Offical scent of the office.

I really love this space. Colors, comfort, floods of natural light. The inspiration for my office. I think it translates successfully. Photo: Elle Decor.


I wanted a Ponti desk, but the Parsons Desk from West Elm is is roughly $2000 less that the coveted Ponti. So the Parsons Desk will suffice until a load of cash falls from the sky. Photo: Elle Decor


I like the inspiration board, unfortuanely I do not have the wall space.Photo: House and Home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment