Thursday, December 29, 2011

Front Door Ideas

Our current front door. Did you notice there is no entryway? I didn't until a landscaper pointed it out. Now it's all I see. Dang. I know he planned that. Apparently the builder wanted guests to drive up to the door. So part of the front yard landscape overhaul will include replacing the front door. So now I'm hunting for specimen. Here's a few:
I'm imagining a single door with this trim work, but in a bold color. Red is the Fung Shui favorite. Who doesn't want good fortune. I wonder what a flame orange door means? The circle detail echos the window above the entryway and will be a sweet spot for the door knocker. The first thought upon seeing the door should be "Nice Knockers" after Young Frankenstein.
10 Downing Street, Luhnduhn, Enguhlund
I'm inspired by this door and not just because The Iron Lady and I share a birthdate. The huge door knocker, center knob and glossy black finish, but do I really want to dust my front door?? Uh...no.
Photo: Photographerdirect.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment