Thursday, April 26, 2012

Orange who? Orange You Glad It's Not Brown?

Drum Roll Please......
Here's the end product: a boring wood cube table transformed into a Happy Chic storage space for shoes, dog toys and games. I'm diggin' the orange big time. It's so Palm Springs circa 1968. Not neon, but bold and confident.

I'm not sure about the Ikat basket and cement pot mix. It's eclectic for sure, but until I find another storage piece, Ikat it is.


Check out the Russell Woodhouse Sculptura pieces in the background. I scored on this purchase at a sale over the weekend. Now I don't want to sell them because I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM!

It's funny...in photos the room looks cold, but in real time, it's a room teeming with life and activity. I wanted it to look like an art gallery, and it does, but does anyone actually live in an art gallery? I mean in the exhibit area, not in a cool flat above the gallery. I think not. Not anyone with kids anyway. This is all part of my coming to terms with the fact that I have children and I am not a single woman in an all white loft in NYC.

Maybe a rug is in order. Something I can take to the car wash and hose off after a weekend with my wrecking crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment