Sunday, April 29, 2012

Inspired by Tail of the Yak

A couple of weeks ago (or was it months? Where am I? What day is it??) I blogged about a shop in Berkeley called Tail of the Yak. It's a dreamy, magical place (check out the previous bog) and was always an inspiration to me. So while walking in the neighborhood the other day, my eye caught a branch that sparked inspiration. Years and years ago I planned on hanging a branch with small paper lanters over my bed. It never happened. But I did get the paper lanterns and 15 years later, I have hung them over The Lady's vanity.

I added some butterflies to the mix. I think it needs more. And maybe some moss. Man, I hate that vanity light. It was in the house when we bought it and thought it would look ok for a kid's room, but it sucks no matter who sleeps there. It's outta here!
A collection of things I have gathered through the years (the wrought iron roses are from New Orleans, the milagros from Mexico, the floral paintings from flea markets, the moth from Fair Park in Dallas) and new additions from Charlotte.

The Lady's view from below. I think it's a cool shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment