Monday, April 23, 2012

Knock Knock. Who's There? Orange.

I bought these side tables from Crate and Barrel last year in a burst of impending house guest panic. I needed side tables for the guest room and didn't want to spend any money. These fit the bill: simple, inexpensive and unobtrusive. But after we moved, I realized that unobtrusive really meant boring. It's a good thing I kept them in the guest room since they inspire narcolepsy. I thought about ditching them on Craig's list, but hey, why not slap some paint on them and see if it makes a difference?

So here's the plan: Bright orange paint in the highest gloss available, then I'll put them in the dining room with a couple of Sansivera plants in industrial pots. If sucks, I'll sell them or put them up in the playroom.


Before: boring. boooorring. boooorrrriiinnnggg.

The antidote: Benjamin Moore Electric Orange.

Child Labor. I know, I know....but she volunteered! Really!

It was bound to happen. Gus is very good about putting the ball in the most convenient location, so it's virtually impossible NOT to throw it.

Nice mustache.

Stay tuned for the final product. They are drying as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment