Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Dresser With a Past


Yesterday, I randomly checked Craig's List for a dresser for The Lady's room. In one of those "it was meant to be" moments, I found this gem. It's perfect in style, dimension and purpose. I'm not the biggest fan of shabby chic, but inspiration has lead me down that path for The Lady's room. This dresser is the shabbiest, so it will have a bit of a face lift in the coming days. JJ did an amazing job on the mirror, so I'm going to give her free reign. In this case, mom knows best.

On a strange note, the dresser had some very heavy negative energy. It was so strong, I wouldn't bring it in the house. I know, I know. I'm going all Northern California on you, but really, it was weird. So I put it in the storage room and JJ and I cleared it by burning sage. If you've never done this before, you should know to open all the doors and windows because it smokes and smells like a Dead concert, but without the pleasant side effects. On the other hand, we didn't have the urge to eat a pack of Oreos and a bag of Cheetos.

Made by the Sligh Furniture Company of Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'd guess somewhere between 1915-1935. 

Interior view. The top drawers may be removed for a place to keep the Lady's dolls.

Detail of the door.

Detail of the skirt trim.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment