Friday, January 27, 2012

Dining Room Challenge



So as of today, the living room, office and kitchen are on their way to being furnished, comfortable, inviting and inhabited. There are nits and nats that must be addressed,  (except for the living room curtains. That's JJ's forte). For the most part, it's the fun stuff: accessories, art and tweaks here and there.

The same cannot be said of the dining room.

And here's my challenge...


This was the dining room as purchased. At least it wasn't red.


After renovation but before the chandelier. The doors are removed. Floors stained. All walls were painted white as we have no clue, even 6 months later, what color scheme we will go with. Still lacks personality. Is this the most boring room in Dallas? Not for long.
 
The Foscarini Caboche Chandelier. My Dear Sweet Husband's choice. He's so good. Now the room is showing some signs of life. Modern and glamorous.  

Detail of the chandelier.

So this is what I have to work with. The good news is that it is truly a blank canvas. The bad news is that I can do whatever I want, but I have NO CLUE what that is.

So let the brainstorming begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment