Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Let The Dining Room Project Begin!

For the past month, we have been unable to live in our home due to construction on the new garage and living space. It's amazing how few days it takes to truly miss your home. In my case, it was 4 days. And come to think of it, that applies to vacation as well. I'm happy to be in a different spot for up to 4 days, so long as I know I am returning home at that point. Beyond that, I turn into a complete psycho. Ask My Dear Sweet Husband and Kids. They will eagerly agree. OK, so I learned something about my self. I lack a certain desirable grace under environmental pressure. I'm not making excuses. I wish I was better, but it is what it is.

In any event, we came home on Friday. Finally. Praise Jesus, Buddha and Elvis.

Once we unpacked and settled back in, I started looking at the dining room again. Boooorrriiiinnngggg!!

Several months ago I had trolled the Internets looking for some inspiring dining room designs, but too many other projects and commitments took my attention away. Well, now I'm ready to dive in. So just for the record, here's what it looks like now. (Crappy fuzzy photos brought to you by the Apple iPhone 3)

View from the door. It's an entry view room, but not impressive.
Design note: there's some interesting elements, but it lacks any cohesive design.


View into the foyer.
Design note: the Foscarini chandelier is fabulous but is starving for a worthy space. I am maritally obligated to tell you that Patrick chose the light.

View into the Butler Pantry (unfortunately, a Butler was not included in the purchase of the home last year).
Design note: since the dining room is viewed from the foyer, the sitting room and the kitchen, the design must flow seamlessly from one room to another.

View from the pantry toward the entry.
Design note: I'm not sure what this corner wants: a comfy armchair, lamp and table for reading, the bar or ?? 

Right wall of the dinning room. On view upon entry into the foyer.
Design note: I LOVE the bar in this room.  


Table, chairs and Mr. Sailfish.
Design note: JJ paid an arm and a leg for the table and chairs, so they will stay until the kids either fight over them or put them in the estate sale 40 years from now. That said, I'm seriously considering changing the red fabric.


View of the front windows and back wall.  
Design note: the sofa and cover is going into JJ's new living space upstairs, so I won't work that into the design. That said, I like the idea of a curved settee or banquette style bench to add seating to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment